Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hello Week 2!

Back at it!  Week 2 starts off again with Back/Chest.

Last week I did not have a pull up bar set up yet.  My husband bought one of those that hangs on the door frame... like this one:

So now that is all set up and I have NO excuses to be skipping out on all the various pull-ups/chin-ups. 

I definitely saw improvement since the last week.  I did two sets of 20 standard push ups pretty easily.  I'll probably push for sets of 25 for Week 3.  Of course that's in addition to all the other push ups in this workout.  I'm still having trouble with the Military style and the Diamond style push ups.

The military style is where you keep your elbows close to your body the whole way down.  You cannot let your elbows flare out.  I can only squeeze out a couple of these.  However I think I had that 'lightbulb' moment where it finally clicked in my mind how to do this move... so I'm hoping for improvement next week.




The diamond is by far the hardest.  I cannot do any on my toes.  I'm strictly on my knees still.  But I'm not going to be discouraged.  I will get there eventually!






Anyways, I was much more sore after this week since I actually did the pull up/chin up portion of the workout.  Of course, Day 1 always includes Ab Ripper X.  SUCH a love/hate relationship there!  I think Tony says there are a total of 349 reps of different core exercises.  I just cannot keep up!  If I had to guess, I'd say I do about 320-325 of the 349.  So, not bad.  But definitely room for improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment