Thursday, March 24, 2011

What are YOUR reasons for working out??

There are so many different reasons why people choose to get off their butts and start taking their health/fitness seriously...Could be because:
  • You've put on some pounds
  • You're training for a marathon or other sports event
  • You have a vacation coming up and want to look good in your Brazilian cut bikini!
  • You have a wedding or other special event coming up
  • You want to impress the opposite sex
  • or sometimes you just do it for yourself.
I have a few reasons....  First and foremost is that I want to be healthy.  I want to avoid medical problems like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.  But also super important is that I don't want to be limited in life.  I don't want to say I CAN"T do something because of physical restriction... u know?  I may not be able to run a marathon (or even a 1/2) right this second, but I have the ability to train for one.  In other words, I want every opportunity out there to be available to me if I wish to pursue it.. if that makes sense..   AND, lastly, but still super high in the rankings is that I like to be a Wife that my husband is proud of. 

Of course I'd be lying if I didn't include that my beach trip coming up in 30 or so days is not weighing heavily on my mind and making me pump out that many more reps and effort!





Have a great workout tonight/tomorrow AM!

3 comments:

  1. Just read your blog about wanting to do insanity. When do you actually finish p90x all the way? I'm going to start insanity again the second week of may I think. Wanna start with me? I'm going to keep adding in p90x arms/abs so I don't lose that, but the rest of the workout is great. :) Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work out primarily because it makes me feel good and I enjoy feeling strong and able. I think we're kind of similar on that one - I want to feel able to do anything, maybe not right this moment, but with reasonably difficult training that I can start today. I want to be able to skip up the stairs without getting tired or getting out of breath. I want to be able to sprint to the bus, carried confidently by my feet and lungs toward being on time, instead of lungs burning and feet slowed by lactic acid. I want to be able to enjoy the sunshine and relax while doing summer sports - running, hiking, tennis, swimming, biking, rollerblading - which is easiest to do when you're so fit, you can do those things for a long time without struggling.

    I also want to retain my bodily ability as I age. I want to be a spry 90-year-old. I want to age like Jack LaLanne!

    I've always put pride in my intellectual ability, and after doing P90X, I realized that there's no reason I can't also put pride and find another kind of freedom in physical ability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I work out because I love how you feel when you remain active! Of course I love "looking good" for my wife seeing as how I am about to turn 30 in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete