Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Post-Surgery Woes...

I am one week post-op as of yesterday.  Everything went fine and I feel great!  Still sore.. but healthy!  I am SO anxious to get back to working out though!  Being so 'careful' about what I do and what I lift is really getting old quickly!

Oh well, its all part of the process.

Another thing I"m doing differently during my recovery time is adjusting how I eat.  I don't know about you, but when I'm not working out and being healthy, I tend to crave bad stuff more!  But when I'm in full on training mode, I do better about not craving M&Ms every. single. day!  SO, its been a struggle, because while I can "afford" to eat bad stuff here and there.. I don't want my body to get used to it.  I am trying to eat lower cal right now too due to my lower activity level.

Anyways - I'll hopefully be back to normal soon.  I think I can now start doing some lower intensity stuff - so I hope this good weather keeps up so I can take the dogs for long walks :)

1 comment:

  1. SO glad that your surgery went well and are feeling better. I'm the same way. When I'm not working out my body craves junk. Great job eating healthily during your recovery!

    ReplyDelete